Here are some of the top video game headlines this week brought to you by our friends at Seasoned Gaming! ICYMI is posted once a week on Thursday morning and will start playing over the air at the same time. Tune in for the latest updates throughout the day!
- While the hype continues to build for Dragonball FighterZ, Baindai-Namco has released a formal statement about some issues they have been facing during the beta. They wrote, “Our team is working hard on optimizing the Open Beta but ran into some issues that connot be addressed in a short amount of time…If we cannot address the issues within a decent amount of time, we will consider extending the Open Beta.” The game is set to release on the 26th of this month so we’re hoping that these issues won’t affect that date.
- Microsoft has added a few more great games to their Xbox Game Pass list. Gears of War 4, the original Mass Effect, Halo Wars 2, NBA2K17, WWE2K17, Darksiders II, Fable Anniversary, and more! Which brings us to this week’s Twitter Poll, do you subscribe to gaming services such as Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass or EA Access? Let us know your pros and cons list of these services or why you just can’t give up your hard copies.
- A new Scribblenauts title will be releasing for the three major consoles on March 6th. In what is being described as a 4 player party game, there will be over 25 mini-games to share with friends. Scribblenauts built quite a following with its earlier titles, so we’re hoping that this new party genre won’t disappoint.
- The official release schedule for Assassin’s Creed Origins expansions has been revealed. Gamers can look forward to The Hidden Ones launching on the 23rd for season passholders or for an extra $10. With Discovery Tour launching in late February and The Curse of the Pharoahs in March.
- LFG Radio is very excited to announce we have officially partnered with the amazing group of people over at ChargedShot.com. They produce podcasts on a regular basis and as of this week are bringing their Video Game Newsy News show to LFG Radio every Tuesday at 10am Central time. Missed it this week? You can always find it uploaded to their website.
- 2017 was a great year for gaming. Was it the best year ever? Did it finally top the gaming magnificence that was the year of 2007? Our friends Bert and Ainsley from Seasoned Gaming talk it over in their latest Bitcast. Find that on SeasonedGaming.com
- 11 key development staff members from Motorstorm, Driveclub, and titles like Dark Souls have formed a new studio called Wushu Studios. They formed with a goal of moving away from the AAA grind to create games with interesting mechanics, unique concepts and to deliver fun, refreshing gameplay experiences to players. Obviously it’s very early in the game to say there will be anything fantastic coming from this startup, but a new studio to work on new IP is always a refreshing sight. Read the full press release over on SeasonedGaming.com.
- Rumors are flying as Polish video game website GRYonline.pl writes about the new Cyberpunk 2077. Citing two different sources, GRYonline says that CD Projekt Red will be showing off a new trailer this year at E3. After such an amazing release from the Witcher 3, we can only anticipate good things coming from this studio.