Here are some of the top video game headlines this week brought to you by our friends at Seasoned Gaming! ICYMI is posted once a week on Thursday morning and will start playing over the air at the same time. Tune in for the latest updates throughout the day!
- Kingdom Come Deliverance is releasing February 13th and it’s starting to look really good. There have been a lot of questions about the menu system, skills, and loot but the video released last week by Warhorse Studios, does a good job of showing what players can expect. The game has a massive scope and we’re definitely looking forward to it’s release. Check out the video and more at SeasonedGaming.com.
- Mark Darrah, Executive Producer on the Dragon Age series, confirmed that Bioware is “hard at work” on the next entry in the series. He shared the news via this tweet where he said, “I am EP of BOTH DA and Anthem working with @Bio_Warner as Game Director. Anthem’s up next but there are people hard at work on both franchises and I look forward to sharing more in the future”. The previous Dragon Age games have all been hits, and we can’t wait for another.
- The PUBG train continues to speed ahead at record pace and as such, the community for PUBG continues to grow just as rapidly. The Xbox version passed 3 million players a little over a week ago and PUBG Corp. has officially announced there are now over 4 million players on the console version of the hit game. More importantly however, PUBG is teaming up with Extra Life. The charity raises money Children’s Miracle Network hospitals and medical centers around the country. 100% of the profits go directly to the medical center of choice and it’s very easy to participate or donate. PUBG Corp. has said they will be matching donations, dollar for dollar, up to $300,000. You can find the main PUBG Extra Life page here: Extra Life PUBG.
- In other PUBG news, new updates are coming to the desert map, Miramar. In an effort to keep players from straying from the map, they are adding more buildings and cover as well as more off-road routes for easier vehicle navigation. Loot spawns will also be changing to help balance out some of the higher trafficked areas.
- If you’ve ever wondered what would happen if Ark Survival Evolved and Minecraft merged, it seems you’re going to be able to find out! Just announced, PixARK looks to be a pixelated, adventure/building game set in the world of ARK. The game will be coming to Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access in March, so until then, you’ll have to settle for just the trailer.
- Dead Cells, a roguelike, action platformer that has been praised by critics and fans alike on Steam, is heading to consoles in 2018. Developer Motion Twin made the announcement on Twitter confirming the title will be coming to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Switch sometime this year.
- Microsoft announced today that they had acquired PlayFab, a company specializing in tools and services to launch and grow cloud-enabled games. Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Kareem Choudhry, wrote a blog announcing the acquisition where he quoted CEO Nadella, to show they are still following the clear path of development and innovation in the cloud.
- Porshapwr over at SeasonedGaming.com is currently working with Extra Life to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network as part of the PUBG #ThisIsBattleRoyaleForTheKids event. PUBG Corp. is matching up to $300,000 in donations to Extra Life and he’s actively raising money for kids in need. To help promote the charity drive, he is giving away a copy of PUBG for the Xbox One! To enter, you simply have to make a donation of at least $5. They’ll be picking winners at the end of this week. It’s that simple to help kids and potentially win a game! We always approve when helping kids is involved, thanks for helping give back.